January Book Challenge

I went to Pesta Buku Murah couple of days ago, and I regret it. Like really regret it. There are lots of cheap good books... but not the books for me. I didn't find what I want, mostly because the books were unsealed and not in good condition.
Anyway, I did buy some books. I just couldn't help my self for not buying it.


The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Tintenherz (Mostly known as Inkheart) by Conerlia Funke

I don't know why I purchased these books, I guess I'm just curious with it. Lolita is some kind of book with weird stuff in it. I mean an adult falling in love with a teen? That must be interesting. Marrying her mother just to get close with her. That's sick and interesting..
The Great Gatsby has been adapted as a movie. I need to read it.
The Lovely Bones is a beautiful movie and I really looking forward to the book. Inkheart mainly because I'm just curious since the second and the third book (Indonesian Version) just released.
For these books, I only spent around 100.000 IDR. It was a quite good deal. Oh yeah, all of them are in Indonesian version.

The only book that I really really grateful to purchased was this....


Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows; The UK Version, published by Bloomsbury. I got this from Gramedia Central Park for only 50.000 IDR! That's crazy, I know. There were only few copies left. I don't know why Gramedia gives this crazy discount, I just grateful they did that.

So yeah, these books are for my January Reading Challenge. I still have The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel, the prequel of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare coming. Ordered it on Friday and it should be arrived tomorrow.

I'm glad the school is still off for another week. I'm in the progress rereading Divergent by Veronica Roth. I've been such a mad bookworm this holiday. I guess I just want to enjoy it while I can. With the all final exams coming up this April, I don't think I'll have so much time left to read.

I'm still working on with the Goodreads Reading Challenge. My target is 20 books. I have to achieve it this year. Last year was a disaster.

This entry was posted on January 7, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply