MOVIE REVIEW: Beautiful Creatures

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES

Warning: This movie review is from book reader point of view. If you're looking an actual review of this movie, you're in the wrong place.

Just went to a cinema with the guys from school. I know... guys watching Beautiful Creatures... I'm not kidding. Some of friends who had watched the movie told me the movie was great whatsoever. I was hoping for the same thing about the movie since Beautiful Creatures is one of my favorite book.

Beautiful Creatures (movie) was terrible. I hate it with all my heart. I hate it, more than I hate The Host. Why? Because I actually like the book and I can't believe they ruined the movie. So basically they're trying to make Beautiful Creatures as stand alone movie and not as a series.

In order to do such things, a lot of changes need to be done. The story line changed. The pacing of the movies was incredibly fast and yet annoyed me quite much. Unlikely the book, the love story moved so fast. Too fast. Making it like any other Paranormal Teen Romance with cheesy conversation and love confession. There were lots - and by lots I mean LOTS of scene that totally different from the book.

There was no Boo Radley, Lena's dog. There was no Marian in the movie. What the fuck? When there was no Madge in The Hunger Games movie, I got it. Because Madge wasn't that important in the book. But Marian, Marian is so important. Her role in the book is pretty big! I can't believe it.

Do I have to mention the ending? They changed the fucking ending so this movie could be this stand alone Paranormal Teen Romance!!
They changed the WHOLE FREAKING THINGS in this movie. Brutally changed. Adding too much scenes, making the movie irrelevant with the book.

Alice Englert was beautiful. I really liked her as Lena Duchannes. But need to admit her acting wasn't so good. She was okay. Overall, the casts were okay. It's unacceptable. The changes they did...I can't tolerate it. I hate it. I don't understand why Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl let this kind of things happened.

I'd rather have my book not adapted into movie than watching my book brutally edited like that. The original touch of Beautiful Creatures is officially ruined for me.
The most annoying part was the guys actually kinda liked the movie! What the......
They said it was quite good. Kinda boring, but it was okay.

For me, the movie is suck. I hate it. I don't know whether it's because I had read the book or simply because it suck. I can't decide. But I believe I wouldn't have liked it either if I hadn't had read the book before. The romance wasn't that good. It was cheesy, nothing was too different from Twilight Saga. I even found myself enjoying Twilight Saga movie more than I enjoyed Beautiful Creatures.

“Mortals. I envy you. You think you can change things. Stop the universe. Undo what was done long before you came along. You are such beautiful creatures.” - Macon Ravenwood

I love this line. It was said by Macon Ravenwood. He didn't say this line in the movie. Last thing that need to be mentioned here.... there was no Crescent moon in the movie. There wasn't even Sixteen Moon song.

I hate this movie entirely. I will continue reading Caster Chronicles and pretend that I've never watched this movie. If you had read the book, don't watch the movie. You'll be pissed like me or maybe you would enjoy it, I'm not sure.

I'm mad now. Freaking mad.

This entry was posted on April 23, 2013 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply